lørdag 14. januar 2017

Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right

Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right

Kjente og kjære sanger finnes det mange av i Dylan sin katalog, for min del er dette en  av de. 
Basert på en melodi Dylan lærte av Paul Clayton. Dylan sin egenforklaring av teksten kan forklare hvorfor jeg liker den: «En uttalelse du kanskje kan si for å føle deg litt bedre - som om du snakker med deg selv.»
Den gangen vi alle hadde platespiller, kommer denne sangen etter snuing! Alltid spenning med b-siden.

Har vel alltid vært mest opptatt av slutten: 

I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time

Gitarspillet er jo også fasinerende her med midtpartiet og rytmeforflyttningen, helt nydelig gjort. Og det gjenspeiler vel den folkemusikktradisjonen melodien kommer ifra.

Personlig finner jeg her en halvsur og gretten kar, som har gått fra dama, eller motsatt - og håper egentlig at hun angrer....




Well, it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
Iff you don't know by now
An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It'll never do somehow
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on
Don't think twice, it's all right

An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe
I'm on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin' you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin' anyway
But don't think twice, it's all right

So it ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
Like you never did before
An' it ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
I can't hear you any more
I'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' walkin' down the road
I once loved a woman, a child I'm told
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don't think twice, it's all right

So long, honey babe / I´m walking down that long and lonesome road, babe
Where I'm bound, I can't tell
Goodbye is too good a word, gal
So I'll just say fare thee well
I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time

But don't think twice, it's all right





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar